- The Internet Cafe technician comes by to upgrade Windows on the computer you're using and you don't recognize the year in the version number
- You have to change your mailing address to the Internet Cafe's location so that you can continue to receive your credit-card statements
- You don't have time to shower but you've had to clean the mouse and keyboard several times since you started playing
- Your family stops visiting you or phoning you and only contacts you through MSN Messenger because that's the only way they can reach you
- You can't discuss geography or politics with anyone because all your knowledge is out of date due to continental drift.
Signs you've been online too long
Some people don't know when to quit. As an avid computer user, I've had my share of long online games. A few times in university I recall playing online games until the sun came up. But this guy in China takes the cake. Apparently he played so long he died of exhaustion. I wasn't aware the problem was so serious, so I've put together a handy checklist which you can use to determine if you've been online too long: